deviantART Daily Deviation


"Santa Muerte", my piece for the Enchanted Visions Project's theme for October 2011, "Dia de los Muertos", has received the honor of a Daily Deviation.  This is my second of the year, and the fourth in my 3 years on deviantART.  I'm very psyched about this one because I do think that this one is my best piece to date, and it's relatively new in my gallery (so I'm still emotionally attached somewhat).

This theme demanded a little more reflection and research than most since I did not want to do a sugar skull, Catrina, or just a pretty face painted like a skull (I don't think a pretty-face portrait ever constitutes a fantasy art.).  I'd say, judging from the response I have received so far for this piece, all that research and brainstorming that I did paid off. ^_^  I'm also glad that I didn't go with the predictable dark color scheme.  It's nice to take a chance and experiment with approaches that are not taken often and be recognized for it.

The products with this image have already been available at my Zazzle shop, and I actually entered their Halloween Phone Case Design Contest.  My iPhone case featuring "Santa Muerte" was showing up high on the contest page, and the product page itself was getting a lot of views.  So maybe it's a good sign (although I don't even know when they're going to announce the results...).

I'm truly grateful for this recognition and the support from the dA community. ^_^

Comments

Popular Posts