Bleeding Heart Sprite

I usually start and finish a piece before starting on another project.  I consider myself a 'finisher' when it comes to projects.  It's not unusual for me to start and complete something without taking a break.  When something is flowing well, I forget to eat meals or take a break until it's done. :D  Lately though, I have so many little projects/plans for each new image that I come up with, it's not always convenient to finish a colored version after a line art is inked and processed as a digital stamp.  Right now, I have one sketch of a sprite, one piece half inked for a new series, one image finished as a digi (but waiting for a release later), and one sprite inked and ready for color (but will have to wait for release next month).  That's a lot of pieces floating about my work space!  


Well, I finished "Bleeding Heart Sprite" today.  It's been so hot, I spent a little too much time downstairs where it's cooler to be truly productive, but it's always a good day when I can post a new image and release a digi version of it at both of my shops. :D

I really like the way this one's design came out.  I'm a big fan of the pouffy pants many of these Sprite babies wear, but I'm particularly fond of her 'braid' that she's fiddling with.  I used to have a bleeding heart plant at my house, but there was a period of time when I neglected some parts of the yarden (yard + garden = yarden).  After a few years, the poor plant never came back.   I've been taking much better care of the yarden this season with a renewed commitment.  Maybe I'll get another one of these lovelies and give it a place in my garden again. ^_^

The digi version of this image is now listed at both of my shops -  Etsy here and AW digi shop here.  It's at the usual size of 1500 x 2100 pixels at 300 dpi JPG.


The next sprite is a request by one of my DT ladies.  It's a truly unique 'flower'.  And it will have a different look from my usual Sprite babies. :D  Hopefully, I'll be productive tomorrow. *fingers crossed*







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts