Garden Sprites Coloring Book in the Works

Thanks to the wonderful response my coloring books have been receiving, I was able to get a new coloring book project rolling with my publisher.  I have received many requests for coloring books of my Sprites, so I'm thrilled to share with you that they are in the works!

I have drawn over 60 Sprites to date.  These books will be a half size (approximately 5.5 x 8 inches) and will have fewer pages than my full-size coloring books.  The Sprites were originally produced as ACEOs, which are, by definition, 2.5 x 3.5 inches.  The digis of them have been offered at 5 x 7 inches to make coloring easier and to give the digi users a little more flexibility in size for crafting with them.  The coloring books will be similar in digi size.   I've been busy redrawing some of my earlier Sprites on my digital tablet for the fist volume of the book.  I could really see the development of the style over 60+ Sprites!  :D

The books will contain 12 Sprites each.  The editor decided that this was a good number for a smaller format book (Too many pages and the book will not quite close right...).  She and I picked out the first set of Sprites to go into the upcoming release.  We've decided on categorizing them and presenting them in non-chronological and non-alphabetical order.  So you will get a nice mix of my Sprites from back when they first debuted in the summer of 2013 on original ACEOs to more recent digi releases.

Cover image courtesy of Ellen Million Graphics

I spent last week working on the digital redrawing of the line art of many of the early Sprites.  The files have now been sent to the publisher and we now wait for the proof from the printer to come in before the final green light.  The project is moving at a faster pace than what I originally anticipated (sometime in 2016), which is great!  I can't wait to give the preview of this book.  ^_^

Speaking of previews, there will be yet another Sprite joining the ever-growing family this Friday (Aug. 7, 2015) at the AuroraWings Showcase Blog.  My designers and I are working on a gallery presentation of an adorable new Sprite.  Here's a tiny sneak peek (There's so much more to this one, but I'm only going to show you a little bit here.  Hehe.)



Comments

  1. congratulations on your new book! I know it will be magical! xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts