Ice Cream Sundae Sprite

With new coloring books of my Sprites on the way, I just finished my 63rd, "Ice Cream Sundae Sprite".  Originally, the Sprites were flower babies, but then some came along that were veggies and mushrooms.  Then came the cupcake and ladybug.  So now, I'm in an expansion mood.

It's so easy to get behind on the coloring of my digital stamp images.  I'd like to have them ready when the line art digis come out, but more often than not, I don't get around to doing the color version.  I like having the partially colored preview/sample image on my listings, so in a time crunch, I literally only paint parts of the image to make the preview.  I don't want to get in a habit of that as it restricts what else I can do with an image, like licensing for other products from tubes to cross stitch charts.

I'm happy to be able to show this fully colored version for a change this time.  ^_^


For a Sprite, this one is loaded with details.  When you just look at the digi version, it looks simple enough, but when you really stop and think about it, this one has a lot of different textures in it, making for a nice challenge if you want to really tackle it hard core. lol  Whipped cream (as white stuff is always tricky), syrup, shiny fruits, then glass bowl.  Glass is intimidating for a lot of people.  It's actually kind of fun to really look at something and try to reproduce it.  In my work, especially with the digis, it's so easy to relax and go on an auto-pilot mode doodling manga/anime style all the time.  It was nice to actually push for a little bit of realism with the colored version of this new Sprite.  I'm pretty happy with the way the bottom of the image came out with the swirls of chocolate syrup and melty ice cream showing through a clear glass bowl.    All in all, this was a fun one, though I was up past 1:30 on Thursday night working (But it's partly because I took a lunch break and watched an episode of Ink Master, which turned into a stretch of binge-watching of multiple episodes...  Got to get better at time management!).

I really need to get the Green Man inked.  I also have another exotic plant Sprite sketched out (Black Bat Orchid aka Bat Flower) and waiting to become Sprite #64.  All the while, cleaning up more files for the coloring books and catching up on coloring all the inked-but-not-finished stash that need to be sent to my cross stitch chart manufacturer.  Busy is good, right? :D

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts