Work in Progress

The sketch of the "The Ruby Slipper" for the Enchanted Visions Project -- I don't know... I still liked the April Fool's prank "Bare Buttcheeks" theme. This is just pencil scribble on paper. I clean the lines up when I ink it in ballpoint pen. That becomes my official line art and the foundation of my painting.

Oddly enough, up until just yesterday, I was under the mistaken impression that the monthly theme was "The Ruby Slippers", so my previous sketches, which I made three versions of, had two shoes included. (All the while I was speculating what the odds of a mermaid coming across a PAIR of ruby shoes instead of just one ruby shoe in the vast ocean. lol But then again, maybe she picked up a FedEx package floating away. Anything is possible, I guess.)

Anyway, I had the mermaid image in my mind right away. The first mermaid was grouchy, as if to say, "What the heck am I going to do with this since I have no feet?", then the mermaid started to get in better moods as subsequent sketches were made. Eventually, I got this one who is just so happy to have found just another bling to add onto herself. I know that grouchy is popular, but I'm just not in the mood for it right now. So I'll go with the "Look what I found!!!" look for this mermaid.

Comments

Popular Posts