"Circe" Line Art

Finished inking "Circe" after letting her sit on my shelf for a few days while I caught up on things around the house, including the Christmas shopping, which I am still behind on.    I knew I was going to procrastinate, but I didn't quite plan on being so late with this one. XD  Tomorrow is the official deadline.  I have 1.5 days to finish coloring this one.  I might be able to get it done if all goes well.  *fingers crossed*

The flowers that ended up appearing in this piece are: belladonna (deadly nightshade), opium poppy, and appearing faintly in the background to the right, hemp. The wisps of smoke or clouds in the background are suggestive.  I don't want to talk too much about the plant selection in this piece because I don't want to sound like I'm glorifying or condoning the use of these plants or drugs in general.  They're placed in there as the elements in Circe's life and surroundings as freely interpreted by me, since she was supposedly a potion-concocting witch who turned men into docile large cats and pigs.

Comments

  1. This piece is just gorgeous! I can't wait to see it coloured. My favourite part is how flowy the composition is. Candy for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Sasha, you're so sweet! Thank you so much. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts