Last Piece from Sketch Fest #32


Finally got around to finish the "Bone Queen", which was originally sketched as the last piece during January's Sketch Fest #32.  I started this one on a 5 x 7 inch vellum with not much planning.  I wasn't even sure if I was going to ink it or color it (at least in what medium, I was clueless...).  Inking was not painful at this size, but highlighting in white, once I was almost done with the watercolor phase, was painful. XD  It really tested my fine motor coordination!

I wanted the skeleton body paint and the red of the poppy petals dripping down from the beginning, but I think she went a little crazy during the final minutes of this piece.  It looks creepier than I originally envisioned, and I frankly don't like looking at her for too long. XD  Too creepy...

Comments

Popular Posts