Sketch Fest # 33

The Sketch Fest #33 took place on the weekend of Friday, Feb. 15 through Sunday, Feb. 17, from noon to noon, Alaska time.  I was gone all of Saturday, so I only participated during Friday afternoon and Sunday morning.  I did a total of 5 sketches - 3 on Friday, and 2 on Sunday.


The first prompt I worked on was "Steampunk Owl".  Because I love steampunk and owls. XD  No brainer that I would want to do this.  I've also done something very similar to this in my "Steampunk Test Flight" a couple of months ago for Enchanted Visions Project's "Clockwork Fantasia" theme.  This was stopped at about 45 minutes into it  (sketching in pencil, then inking over), before the coloring phase.  Will finish this ACEO later.


The second prompt I did was "Peacock Masquerade".  I like putting beaks on the masks and I love peacock feather colors, so this was also another no brainer prompt. XD    This scan was taken at about 45 minutes into the 1-hour limit, stopped after the sketch and inking.  ACEO size.


"Peacock Masquerade" completed.  I finished this on Sunday after Sketch Fest was over.  The prompter had already expressed interest in purchasing this ACEO before the color version was done.  Watercolor, salt, acrylic, & colored pencil on vellum 140 lb.  The parts that show as brown in the scan is gold acrylic paint that catches light when viewed at certain angles.


Prompt: "Lady Bug Dress".  Stopped at 1 hour mark.  A few touches to add.  This was the last one I did on Friday before calling it quits for dinner and family time. (I don't do all-night sketch-a-thon like some of the participating artists. ^^; )


"Tomte in Lady Bug Dress" completed ACEO in ink, watercolor, and colored pencil on vellum 140 lb.  She's actually the character I've drawn many times over the last few years since participating in the Sketchbook Project of 2011 that went on a tour during 2012.  A whole Moleskine sketchbook was filled with Little Tomte's adventure scenes.   The sketchbook ended up with a feel of a children's book. ^^  She usually wears a pointy red hat with a red dress and a white apron (with what look like the Ugg boots).  This is a variation on the theme where she stitched on some black circles to her dress and made herself a red cap with antennae.


Prompt: "Moon Goddess"   Pencil sketch on vellum 140 lb. 7 x 9 inches.  Stopped at about 20 minutes for a basic sketch.  I'll finish her later in watercolor and colored pencil.  Maybe a bit of silver paint, too.


This was probably the most interesting prompt I found: "House Made of Snail Shells or Tortoise Shells".  I wanted to do something a little bit crazy or over-the-top with this theme, so I decided to put houses made of snail shells (for tiny people like pixies or fairies) in the hair of a larger being where branches, leaves, and flowers grow.  I would like to finish this in watercolor and colored pencil, too.  This was sketched on a 9 x 12 vellum in pencil in about 20 minutes.  This is the one I'm looking forward to working on the most from this Sketch Fest.

Comments

Popular Posts