Daily Deviation #5: Nephele

Woke up this morning to a nice surprise of a Daily Deviation on deviantART.com.  Because of the sheer number of members on that site, the odds are pretty small that one comes across one of these ( I'm pretty sure some artists are used to this. XD  I think there's a limit ... like once an artist receives a DD, he/she can't have another for 3 or 4 months, though I'm not 100% positive on this policy.  Just vaguely remember reading about it somewhere.).  At any rate, it's always nice to receive recognition of this kind.


This was done entirely in stippling, taking me about 6 to 7 hours total.  It was fun to do.  I remember doing a lot of commissions last summer, which were many pieces in a series, and naturally repetitive and after a while, it just got a little boring.  When I was finally finished with the series, I had to do something just for fun for myself.  This drawing was born during that time.  It's simple in color scheme and overall design.  Because of that, I think it's easy to overlook next to more boldly colored, dynamic pieces.  But it must have spoken (or whispered softly) to some people out there to suggest to moderators as a future DD.  I'm grateful for the suggestion and features by the fellow dA artists/members for their kindness to recognize this little piece. :)

Comments

Popular Posts