As April Approaches

Things have calmed down considrably after the launch of Aurora Wings Challenge Blog for the digital stamps/crafting community.  I feel I can once again redirect my energy more towards creating.  And I do have a lot of ideas just keep coming.  One thing I'm never short of is ideas and inspirations.  No such thing as an art block with me (well, so long as people don't send me weird requests for commissions LOL).

"Buddha & Willow" ACEO in ink & watercolor on bristol vellum (140 lb.)
Just finished this commissioned ACEO for one of my biggest digi customers and active members of the Stamps by Aurora Wings group, Fernanda.  She rescues dogs and these are her fur babies Buddha (pitbull) and Willow (American Eskimo).  It's supposed to be a present for her special someone.  I was glad to be able to finish it in plenty of time.

I believe these guys are my first dog images. XD  Everyone pretty much knows what a Crazy Cat Lady I am and I'm quite comfortable around cats and drawing cats is easy.  Although I'm perfectly comfortable around most dogs, I can't say I can draw them with my eyes closed... ^^;  So I'm pretty happy with the way these guys came out for this digital stamp/ACEO combo.  I actually had more fun than I anticipated ("Dreaded" may be more accurate a word for this scenario...?).

Other things that were sort of tucked away on the upper shelf at my work station are two sprites. ^^;

Sprites Sketch -  "Bamboo Shoot" and "Easter Lily"
I scribbled these guys on two pieces of scrap paper (Once a doodler, always a doodler.) while I was taking a break from some of the more tedious aspects of life as an artist (like getting files ready for copyright filing... that sort of stuff... fun fun).  It's spring, so I was thinking about gardening and weeding ... the general 'green thumb' things.  And these guys just popped onto the paper.  I'm particularly fond of the bamboo shoot with a baby brother on the back.  These guys are always fun to draw.  And they are popular both as digi's and ACEOs.

In the next week or two, though, I'd love to be able to work on a larger pieces of pure fantasy.  Haven't  been able to do that in a while and I'm starved for it! :D

Comments

  1. I just looooooove your sprites Mitzi ! I have just discovered your art work and it is fantastic ! Maybe one day you will create a Lemon Sprite ? I love lemons !!! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Catherine! I'll have to add Lemon Sprite on my list of designs. ^_^ I'm always looking to add to my sprites... especially the fruits and other edibles.

      Delete
  2. Your work is astounding Mitzi, you rocked this one (no surprise)! I am always keeping my eye on what amazing things you will create next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Helen. I really appreciate your support! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts