Saturday, June 18, 2011

New Rubber Stamp Release from Queen Kat Designs

*Photo courtesy of Queen Kat Designs.


   Seven new rubber stamps were just released yesterday from Queen Kat Designs .  This batch of releases features my Cosplayer Cats Inc., which was an original character series of cats in anime style.  You'll see Stephanie (a sleek Siamese cat) in a Victorian dress (seen above) and dressed up as Marilyn Monroe, and Koume-chan (a white kitty) in a mini-kimono, a Victorian dress, and in three ballet poses in fairy costumes and pointe shoes.  The ballerina Koume-chan series was originally done for my ballet gift shop on Zazzle (Custom Dance Gifts by Studio Miyabi) and a mug featuring all three ballerina images had just won a Today's Best Award from Zazzle.

   Line drawing is something that I see as the foundation of my art, and the completed pieces of mine always have line work visible -- it's an integral part of my style of art and manga-style art in general.  So it's no wonder how well the drawings transfer to the rubber stamp form.  When I work in digital (as in the case with my Cosplayer Cats), the line art is its own separate layer in the file, and when I work my traditional/digital fantasy pieces, the line art is on paper, which is available as the scanned file.  Both of which are perfect for the manufacturer to work with.   

5 comments:

  1. hey aurora, ive just decided to follow you as i absolutely love your artwork and its very inspiring ^^ im also trying to make manga art pieces (though alot less gracefully at times lol) and its nice seeing someone else with the same passion :)

    ive seen your line art before - when it comes to simple stamps like this i have no doubt youd be able to excel. why dont you do a few tests? have any drawings in particular that you would want to be a stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, plantie. Thank you for following my blog. ^^

    I'm not sure what you mean by 'tests'. I have almost all of my recent fantasy pieces already licensed for stamps (manufactured and sold) through the same company that I mentioned in the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh i guess i shouldve had my morning coffee before reading this post! lol, for some reason i thought you had said you were contemplating which ones youd like best ^^ *silly me*

    may i ask who youre manufacturer is btw?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^_^ Queen Kat Designs (www.katstamps.com) is the manufacturing company I have licensing agreement with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The QKD shop page with my stamps is here.

    ReplyDelete