Thursday, July 28, 2011

Exciting News

Two words.  Coloring book!!  It's been on my mind since early last year.  I've always had people on deviantART really liking my lines and asking if I had a coloring book out.  I can see how my lines would be a lot of fun for colorists to color (I know exactly the feeling!).   To be honest, I had no clue where to even start looking for information in order to make this a reality, but I posted the question last week at one of the facebook groups and got a reply which turned out to be exactly what I was hoping for. *squee*  I am working on this project right now with a goal of getting the whole book proofed in the next few weeks. (I have all the line art files, but they need to be tweaked for a 2-color format, which, at least on my software, involves multiple steps going from original grayscale 256 bits color to the final 2-color file.)

I've often felt that coloring books were like clip art.  99% of them are not exactly what you are looking for -- too simple (my most often cited complaints) or not quite the style of art that you like.  I can honestly say that I put in as much time (in many cases, more) in the creation of my line art as the final fully colored rendition of my artwork.  I think this coloring book will be a blast for many adults who still enjoy the occasional coloring fun. ^^  And I can finally tell my friends online that they can get their hands on a coloring book filled with my line art. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great! I will definitely have to get one. So glad for all of the great news you've been sharing lately!!

    ReplyDelete