Saturday, November 19, 2011

"Christmas Fairy" - Rough Sketch


I've been doing nothing but updates on my site and shops lately that I needed to take a break and do a doodle. XD  Since I've never done a "Christmas Fairy" in red and green or red and white, I decided to draw one.  This is just my usual scribble with pencil and the final image will probably look quite a bit different, but it's fun to do a seasonal theme (Especially since we didn't get one for EV...).  And whenever I draw a fairy, I can't think of any other footwear except for pointe shoes. XD  I guess ankle boots would be cute on this one, but I just can't resist.

Here's a quick color test.

My first idea is red and green.  I would also like to try a blue and silver version.  I think both color schemes would be pleasing.

I think I'm going to ink the lines as is and scan to save a file for the digi download and stamp.  Then draw a background for the complete version.  I know from looking at the crafters' projects so far that fully rendered version of my line art has way too much detail.  For craft, scrapbook, and card-making purposes, the main figure has plenty detail to make interesting projects.  So this is something I'll probably start doing more and more.

2 comments:

  1. yay for christmas projects!! she looks absolutely adorable and i have no doubt would make an excellent christmas card ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, plantie! ^^ Are you doing some Christmas projects, too?

    ReplyDelete