Thursday, August 21, 2014

Angel of Sympathy

The original sketch of this was done on June 13.  I just looked back at the blog post and confirmed.  So almost 10 weeks had gone by before I finally got around to inking it. T_T  Better late than never!  Not always, but for most anything that I start out doing, this saying definitely fits.  So, I'm happy that I managed to get around to it.

My second angel.  I'm going ahead and releasing her as a digital stamp without the fanfare of the showcase.  After all, I feel it's kind of depressing to color an image that's primarily for sympathy cards.  Also, you just never know when someone might need it.  I feel better to make her available sooner than later.


Ink on paper, 8.5" x 11".  While I was working on sprites (They can be easily drawn in a space smaller than a sheet of paper one fourth of this size.), this just seemed like an enormous task and I danced around it until it got buried under other projects.  Once I finished these two monster line drawings for the collaborative coloring book projects, this one seemed like a nice easy walk in a park.  Funny how a change of perspective is all it takes sometimes to remove the fear and trepidation from something.  ^^;  Like I've said before many times, cleaning lines as I ink is not a meditative, pleasant undertaking.  It's simply nerve-racking and stressful.  Requires much concentration, focus, and control.  At the end of a session (as I tend to work in a really long stretch unless someone/something comes up to bother me), my eyes are tired and my right shoulder definitely holds a lot of tension.  Not fun. LOL  I need to learn to take small breaks.  (The reason I can't take breaks is that despite all this complaining I do, I'm having FUN with all this!)

Over all, pretty happy with it.  Don't know if I ever get to color it with the work load lined up already...  I still haven't had a chance to finish the colored version of "Leanne's Angel"...

Anyhow, I'm just happy that I'm feeling almost back to normal after something like a food poisoning on Sunday.  Today was the first time I could comfortably sit at my drawing table and work. :)  It feels good to get one of the almost-forgotten pieces finished.  Always a good feeling.

UPDATE:  "Angel of Sympathy" is now at my Etsy shop here and at the AW web shop here.  The digi comes at 2100 x 2700 pixels at 300 dpi (7"x 9"/17.8 x22.9 cm), large enough if you want to color the angel for framing, or size down for any card project.


4 comments:

  1. This is soo beautiful! Thank you for creating something so amazing to share with us. She will be added to my collection for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shes beautiful Mitzi and so right for a sympathy card I have great difficulty finding the right one for my cards and this one is just right. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete