Bob & Sheri Shenanigan

I've listened to Bob & Sheri for a long time.  I listen more regularly starting around 6:00 am when Jr.'s school is in session as I drive either all the way to the school (because there's this zero-hour IB music class that starts at the ungodly hour of 6:30 and their official bus doesn't even arrive until 7:00 am.) or to the public library bus stop at 6:30.  During the summer vacation, though, I'd like to let myself sleep in ... just a bit and wake up around 6:30 instead of 5:30 (and constantly suffering from insufficient sleep during school year).  With the garden requiring a lot of watering early in the morning, and along with some regular maintenance (like weeding as they pop up), I don't catch the show until 9 o'clock on a lot of occasions.  So I've been hearing about the RV Crazy Tour of Bob & Sheri, but didn't find out their scheduled stop at my town until Monday, July 7th.  Well, I assumed that since they were stopping at a relatively small town (compared to many cities they are syndicated in, I mean), I thought it was one stop among dozens.  I checked their website and found out they were only stopping at 7 cities on their way to Roswell, NM.

I got so excited and was inspired to do a fan art.  How long has it been since I've done one of these?  Really long time.  I figured I'd drop by at their meet and greet and give it to Sheri (Bob was not on the RV tour because... y'know, he's so particular about everything, he's not the type who can handle a road trip on an RV. LOL). :D

Anyhow, as a long-time listener of the show, I've heard enough about Bob's love of lobsters, Maine, and lighthouses, and Sheri being a Crazy Cat Lady.  So, I did a chibi version of them. ^_^  This was 7"x5" mixed media (ink, watercolor, and colored pencil).  If I had more time, I would have liked to put Todd and Max in there on a larger paper...  But I was working on other stuff and didn't get around to making this until yesterday afternoon. XD

Well, I got to meet Bob and Sheri this morning.  The line wasn't necessarily long when Jr. and I got there (about 9:15), but they were taking time with each and every one of us -- such genuine people!  What you get on the radio is what you get in person with Bob and Sheri.  Lots of people brought gifts (mostly local products - some by business owners themselves - from wine, Enstrom Candy's almond toffee, muffins, to mood lights ... from what I could see).

Sheri gave me a nice long hug as I got to the front of the line (Poor Jr. was so sleepy and tired, she could barely stand. XD).   She's SO NICE!  Bob... um, his hand shake was... a little weak.  XD LOL  Not to say he's not nice or anything.  He's probably just a big germaphobe from what I've come to know about him.  Anyway, I showed them what I brought.  Sheri squealed in joy and showed it to the people in lines and a big cheer went up. :D  I pointed out how Bob's wearing a turtle neck under the lobster suit.  We got a good laugh out of that and she told everyone that they were going to get it framed and hang it in their studio in NC.   Needless to say, I was a happy camper. ^_^

Showing to the crowd.
Sheri laughing about the turtle neck on Bob as he takes a pic.
With Bob & Sheri.  ^_^
I didn't get to greet Max as he was doing live broadcast away from the crowd, but got to talk to Todd while I was getting close to the front of the line.  Nice guy!  Met Sheri's daughter Olivia, and got a sample of Koma Unwind (They've been talking about it so much on the air, and it is the corporate sponsor of the RV Crazy Tour along with a few others.) from Caramia, her younger daughter.  It must be so weird that all the strangers (listeners) know so much about them from the broadcast, but they know nothing about us!  I was impressed how well their kids were handling everything. ^_^

Sheri told me that they've made a bit of a change in their travel plan.  Instead of going all the way to Roswell, NM, they're going to make a stop in Albuquerque and broadcast from there tomorrow (I'm sure the stretch from Great Bend, KS to Grand Junction, CO was just brutal...Check out their tour map and the hard core road-tripping schedule here.).  After that, Bob is off to vacation with his family, and Sheri and kids continue on the rest of their vacation.  Hope they have a nice rest of the trip!

Comments

Popular Posts